To request a repeat prescription, you can:
- Use the online service. If you don’t have an account yet, give our reception team a call on 01223 860 387.
- If you have a green paper prescription (FP10), tick the medications you need on the right side and leave it at the surgery.
- Leave a written note at the surgery. Include your name, date of birth and address along with the name of the medications you need.
- Download the NHS app to request prescriptions and nominate a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to. It’s all online, so you won’t have to come into the surgery.
- Request your medications from a pharmacy. If you’ve nominated a pharmacy, you can request your medications from there. Or you can get your medications from any pharmacy if you give them your NHS number
- Over the counter Medication. From January 2020 we will no longer prescribing medications that can be purcahsed over the counter. This is because of the goverment policy to reduce the amount of money the NHS spends on prescriptions for treating minor conditions. The CCG guidelines advise that surgeries should stop precsribing antihistmines,emollients, painkillers and all other medications that patients can buy over the counter.
We’ll need 2 working days to process your request. If you request your medications directly from the pharmacy, please allow 3 working days.
Be aware we can't accept requests for medications over the phone! This is to avoid any mistakes with your medications.
28 day prescribing. is recognised by the NHS as making the best possible balance between patient convience, good medical practice and minimal drug wastage.Therefore, unless there is good cliniacl need, the surgery will now be issuing 28 day prescriptions for our patinets
Please see the Leaflet for Repeat Medication for 28days
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for most patients we can send your prescription to your chosen chemist directly, which saves you having to come to the surgery.
To sign up, call us on 01223 860 387.
More information here.
What you'll pay for your prescription in England
Here are the NHS costs for prescriptions:
- Prescription (per item): £9.35
- 12-month prepayment certificate: £108.10
- 3-month prepayment certificate: £30.25
If you're paying for 4 or more prescription items in 3 months, you might find it cheaper to buy a prepayment certificate (PPC).
You can buy a PPC online or call the order line on 0300 330 1341.
Help with prescription costs
You might be exempt from paying for your prescriptions if you:
- are on specific benefits or the NHS Low Income Scheme
- are age exempt
- have certain medical conditions